Australian Sri Lankan Association Inc. (ASLA) was incorporated in 2013, with the main focus being to establish a Masjid and a community center for the benefits for the Muslim community living in Victoria, Australia.
By the mercy of Almighty Allah ST, ASLA Inc. had commenced its Ravenhall Masjid & Community Centre (RMCC) project in 2016 at No. 101 Eucumbene Drive, Ravenhall Victoria 3023. In fact, this is the first such Masjid project initiated by the Sri Lankan Muslim Community living in Australia with the cost of 2.8Million Dollars. This project cost has been funded from the generous contribution of Sri Lankan and other Muslim Communities and Community Infrastructure Grant program, through the State Government of Victorian, Australia.
Activities Planned at the new centre
- Social, Cultural, welfare, educational activities to the wider Victorian Communities
- Organise sports and recreational activities with other local associations to promote community harmony and good relations.
- Conduct Fundraising event for community activates
- Promote Interfaith relationships amount other faith
- Provide supports services and activities for people who are at disadvantage.
- Assist in alleviating problems of youth associated with drugs and alcohol
- Provide youth and families who are at risk and require support to live their life in a happy, peaceful and productive manner
- Establish a library to encourage reading among youths
- Employ and enlist personnel and teachers, for the provision of educational welfare services to the community in general
- Relieve human suffering through chaplaincy, counselling services for those who are suffering in hospitals, prisons or at home among other benevolent activities